Tonight I tried out this Southwest Quinoa Salad, and while I still have some left, I’m already looking forward to trying it again–with a bit of tweaking. Here are the changes I’ve either already made or plan to make next time:
- JUST USE THE WHOLE CAN OF BLACK BEANS, ALREADY. Seriously, why would you use a cup of black beans and leave about 3 T hanging?
- I might try Trader Joe’s frozen fire-roasted (or whatever) corn next time, but it’s January. Frozen corn is clearly the way to go.
- I’m adding the cumin to the salad dressing next time. Cooking the quinoa with it sounded nice in theory, but it made no discernible difference in taste.
- I threw in the juice of a lime after it had sat in the fridge for an hour or so. It needed the extra acidity.
- I was generous with the tomato, because why not?
- I used green onions, because biting into chunks of raw red onion is hardly ever my preference.
Like I said, I’m looking forward to next time, because this one was tasty enough to tweak–and healthy to boot. Let me know what you think!