Today my second girlie turned 7–and started second grade. Which means, of course, that we’re spreading her birthday meals out over a week or so, because OH, the first day of school!
Here are 7 things I love about my newly minted 7-Year-Old:
- Her smile. It lights up her entire face.
- Her sweetness. She is my child who will occasionally tell me, “You are a good Momma. I love you.”
- Her diction. She frequently (and adorably!) eschews contractions. (“I would not like that.” “I do not know.”)
- Her willingness to eat things she doesn’t love. (And a good thing too, since she’s my pickiest eater!)
- Her passion for Italian food. (I like to think there’s a little bit of RI in her!)
- Her gift for nurturing. She’s a little loving mother to her younger siblings.
- Her imagination. She can pretend play with Barbies, Ponies, doll house figures–you name it–like nobody’s business.
Happy Birthday to my second oldest–I hope it’s the start of a great year!